Skip to main content

Kinda Sketchy

 This quarter I took a workshop class called 'Podcasting 101'. In Podcasting 101 we learn to produce, record and edit our own podcasts. With my friend Z we created a podcast called 'Kinda Sketchy'its a podcast where we interview strangers with fun questions about their lives and all their interesting experiences. Below you can find the first two episodes of our podcast.  Overall I am happy with our interview but if I could have changed anything in our podcast I would add some better questions and also I would try and find quieter backgrounds for the interview. Please enjoy our Podcast, "Kinda Sketchy".                                                                                                          


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleachy battery building

 This most recent unit was a very short unit for fuel. It lasted no more then a single week.  We learned all about how batteries, electricity, and motors work.  We get to watch our teacher, Will, smash an electric pencil sharpener with a hammer to retrieve the electric motor from inside. With the electric motor we identified each components - stator commutator and rotor. Seeing these components firsthand really helped solidify my understanding. Then using a multimeter we were shown that electricity can flow both ways ways by placing the prongs to the bottom where the battery goes and spinning what is usually the drill piece, we got minimal results with around .2 volts being put out.  Lastly we learned of our action project. To build our very own battery with the electrode and electrolyte of our choice.  I chose bleach and rice wine vinegar for mine and used pennies and some really heavy screws as my electrodes.  Please enjoy my lab report as well as a few p...

Papaya Pete

Papaya Pete Welcome to our first unit of Food For thought! A class where we talk about the Anthropological and historical ideas that food takes us including where it came from and how that in turn informs us about ourselves. Did you know that corn has domesticated us? It turns out that what was once a grain has evolved and grown along side us to be more useful to us, because it turns out that being useful to humans has become the greatest evolutionary advantage ever! To add insult to injury corn is in just about any food you could think of now. Don't believe me? check the ingredients on the back of your Cheetos. Its in just one form or another.  During this class we traced back our roots as far as we could go to see what the different foods could teach us about where and who we came from.  We put all this info together in a colorful family tree. We also put together a map with the center of origin for almost every food crop with trade routes and the ancient civilizations that ...

Letter to my penpal!

       During this Spanish one course, we have been learning the basics of Spanish. We learned verbs like ser and estar,  basic conversation, pronunciation, and even Spanish culture. While all of this was very new to me, I was able to draw comparisons between this and what I had been learning in the French courses I took throughout middle school so it was not completely new and overwhelming. A big part of what we did in class is practice Pronunciation we often would practice reading example conversations to see greetings and verbs are used. So for our action project, we tied this together by writing fake letters to penpals to teach them about Spanish culture. Also to practice speaking Spanish by creating an audio recording. Dear Pen Pal, I heard that you are about to visit Pilsen! This is some really great news because I am fairly familiar with the Pilsen area, and I want to offer some info on the area. First of all, it’s located right by the National Museum ...